We’re asking our members and friends to help us celebrate our network turning five by sharing what makes them proud to #BeOnePercent.
Members and those on our mailing list with receive a pack in the post with a party hat, a sign and a copy of our five year report.
Here’s Matt and Steve, Be One Percent’s founders to kick things off.
We’re very proud of how far we’ve come. We started with 8 people in 2011 and now have nearly 200 members giving 1% every month. We’ve funded over 60 projects and raised over £260K! Our mission hasn’t changed and neither has our vision. We can eradicate poverty from the ground up if we all give proportionally and give together.
What makes you proud to #BeOnePercent?
In five years our network has:
- Delivered improved sanitation and clean water to over 11,700 people
- Planted 13,000 trees
- Provided 1.5 million school meals
- Brought the benefit of solar lights to over 14,000 people
- Improving food security for 6,094 people
- Set up saving and loans co-operatives in 18 communities
- Helped supply basic health treatments to over 45,000 people
- Lent over £70,000 of microloans helping some of the world’s poorest people build sustainable livelihoods
- Funded nets to protect 27,199 people against malaria
Share what makes you proud to be a supporter of our organisation on social media and tag us!